- International Dyslexia Association (IDA) The major organization for professionals and families. They host an annual convention including a family convention within their main conference program. There are several local chapters of IDA.
- University of Michigan The Dyslexia Help Center is a website with a plethora of information on anything you want or need to know about dyslexia. They list and describe current apps and technology.
- Understood.org Understood.com is the largest organization for parents with kids with learning differences. They have articles, podcasts, webinars, and forums.
- The Yale Center for Dyslexia and Creativity Provides cutting edge research on dyslexia as well as tools for professionals and families.
Structured Reading Programs
- Orton-Gillingham: https://www.ortonacademy.org/
- Aphabetic Phonics: http://eps.schoolspecialty.com/products/literacy/lea rning-differences/alphabetic-phonics/about-theprogram
- Barton Reading and Spelling System: www.bartonreading.com
- Linda Mood-Bell: http://www.lindamoodbell.com/programs
- Wilson Reading System: www.wilsonlanguage.com
- Landmark Methodology: www.landmarkoutreach.org
- Project READ: http://www.projectread.com/
- SPIRE: www.epsbooks.com/spire
- Starting Over Starting Right: www.knighteducation.com
- Slingerland Approach: www.slingerland.org
- Independent Teacher Training Programs Accredited by IDA https://dyslexiaida.org/accredited-teaching-training-programs/
- University Programs Accredited by IDA https://dyslexiaida.org/university-programs-accredited-by-ida/
Specialized Schools (partial list)
- The Kildonan School (Amenia, NY) www.kildonan.org
- The Gow School (South Wales, NY) http://www.gow.org/
- The Landmark School (Prides Crossing, MA) www.landmarkschool.org
Local to The Capital Region (Albany, Troy, Schenectady, NY)
- A Different Way in Reading (Schenectady, New York) This local resource uses the Alphabetic Phonics multi-sensory program. Alphabetic phonics is based on OG. This program is a three-year commitment. They have a sliding scale so that anyone who is screened and accepted into the program can attend. My daughter and a few people I know graduated from this program. The tutors are outstanding.
- Options with Learning OWL offers consulting and private Wilson tutoring.
- Decoding Dyslexia New York A grassroots movement to persuade local and federal government for better laws to identify and serve dyslexic people. Several states have their own chapters.
- The Dyslexia Dilemma: The Role of Colleges of Education
- The Gap Between The Science on Kids and Reading, and How it is Taught